The days of learning data science by passively consuming video lectures are over. Real learning takes place when a student’s hands are on the keyboard, writing code, working with data, and solving problems. If you agree, keep reading!
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our students get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, over 900,000 students around the world have completed nearly 50 million DataCamp exercises to date!
Behind every great DataCamp course are the passionate folks who built it. We decided early on that the best way for us to maximize value for our students is to build courses in partnership with top companies and experts in the data science community. That’s why our course library is packed with courses from companies like Continuum Analytics and RStudio and data scientists like Andy Müller (scikit-learn), Bryan Van de Ven (Bokeh) and Hadley Wickham (ggplot2, dplyr).
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Curriculum Lead, it’s your responsibility to map out the future of our curriculum, to build a network of the best data science instructors in the world, and to work closely with those instructors to create detailed specs for new courses before handing things over to our Content Development team.
In order to be effective in this role, you must continuously hone your skills as both a data scientist and an educator, while remaining deeply connected to the data science community. For this reason, we like to think of the role in three parts.
Build our curriculum and instructor network (~70%)
Help us grow our curriculum to 1,000+ courses and build the greatest network of data science instructors the world has ever seen.
- Map out the future of our data science curriculum
- Use data (surprise!), both internal and external, to inform curriculum decisions
- Build a strong network within the data science community
- Handpick subject matter experts to partner with us as external instructors
- Bring instructors up to speed with our course development process, state-of-the-art authoring tools, and best practices
- Work closely with instructors to create detailed specs for new courses
- Collect and implement feedback on course specs from internal and external sources
- Coordinate handoff to Content Development team
Create your own DataCamp courses (~15%)
Leverage your own training and hard-earned expertise to build DataCamp courses for the world to love and cherish.
- Build your own courses on the topics you’re most passionate about
- Help us fill critical gaps in our curriculum that align with your interests
- Identify areas for improvement in our course development process
- Take a data-driven approach to improving your teaching skills
Strengthen your involvement in the data science community (~15%)
Do whatever it takes to increase your involvement in the data science community, hone your technical chops, and let everyone know about the all cool stuff you’re working on.
- Contribute to open source projects
- Perform interesting data analyses and write about them
- Run in-person data science workshops
- Research exciting new topics or technologies for the curriculum
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
This position is ideal for someone with a passion for data science and education, who is entrepreneurial and wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data scientists!
- 2+ years programming experience with Python or R
- Deeply familiar with key data science concepts (statistics, machine learning, etc.)
- Capable of explaining these ideas to an 8-year-old
- Has developed educational content (e.g. as a professor, TA, or tutor)
- Keen awareness of the data science community
- Enjoys meeting new people and operating outside of her/his comfort zone
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
For details: Click here